Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a trip to the dentist

I know some people hate going to the dentist. While I don't love it, I do like going. I love having clean teeth. I love having them compliment me on my excellent dental care and no cavities (and it has been WAY too long since my last visit: 2 1/2 years! Yep. OW! I just pulled a muscle patting myself on the back). 

And then, I wait for the new dentist to finally say what I have been waiting to hear for the past 1 1/2 hours (different variations on the same theme; here is the latest): 

Dentist: "Have you been sick lately?" 
KT: "Nope, I haven't." 
D: "But, your tonsils...!" 
K: "That's their regular size."
D: "Wow! They're almost touching!!"
K: "Yep. Yep, they are."

They remember me, even after 6 months or a year later. My tonsils make that much of an impression.

I continue to impress everywhere I go.

4 comments:

ted h said...

That's my girl!! lyd

Steph said...

Silly Katie!

psychobob said...

Now I can say I know a celebrity!

Sara said...

The dentist are always astounded by this bone growth that I have under my tongue - they remember me by that. ;)