Tuesday, January 13, 2009

you know you're tired when...

I play a game on Facebook called Word Twist. You try to find as many 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7-letter word combinations you can in a given time using a scramble of 7 letters that make up one (and sometimes more than one) long word. Kind of a combination of Boggle and Scrabble. Some of the words are weird and obscure. And some don't even have a definition! 

The last game I played, I didn't get the longest word, which ended up being "chie fly." What the heck is a chie fly? Sheesh. There goes stupid Word Twist again with a dumb word that no one would ever get. I clicked on the word to find out the definition. 

The definition: "for the most part." 

Oh. Um, yeah. "Chiefly." 

Sigh. It's been a long day.


4 comments:

Steph said...

I have the same issue Katie and it has even been when I was reading in front of a group of people. I'm glad you blogged!

Katie said...

Thanks. It's good to be back.
(o:

Melissa said...

that's awesome! Being tired can cause so much confusion :)

psychobob said...

Is it more humorous because it is so late? Hmm...
BTW, the word verification for this comment is "mosciest" Ha.