Wednesday, July 15, 2009

potential new adventures ahead

Just got an email from the president of OSU today. Here's a little of what he said:

Over the next two years, the budget recommendations will result in the
elimination of 150 to 200 FTE positions in the Education & General
Budget and 75 to 100 FTE positions in the Statewide Public Service
Programs. The university will eliminate an estimated 500 course
sections, and more than 30 academic programs will be restructured,
eliminated, or consolidated with other programs.


That's a pretty huge deal. I think I will be spiffing up my resume over vacation. I'm so glad to know that God is in control. What a huge relief that is.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Wow Katie. That's quite the email to get. Good luck in your endeavors - praying for ya.

Sariah said...

Oh wow. Good luck.

Heather said...

wow. sad. i'll be praying for you--but amen that God is in control!