Saturday, November 28, 2009

putting my scary evil Halloween voice to good use

'Tis the season for corny "inspiring" holiday commercials. You may roll your eyes and want to throw up after seeing them, but let me help you actually enjoy these commercials. WANT to watch them, even. Take the last corny line said and say it in an evil scary Halloween voice. It makes it just sooooooo funny:

"In all my years, I've never seen a storm like this." Man comforts woman scared of lightning. "I'm here. And I always will be," as he gives her jewelry.
  • Now, say "and I always will be" in a scary evil Halloween voice. Now it's funny.
Mom is video-conferencing with her daughter while at home. "Look what we've done around the house." Goes out on the porch. "Surprise, I'm home!" says the daughter.
  • Now, say "Surprise, I'm home!" in your evil scary Halloween voice. Now it's funny.
Girl, after a day of visiting places significant in their relationship, says to boy, "I don't remember this place." "You will," he says, as he takes out a ring to propose.
  • Corny, right? Now, say "you will" in your evil voice. Yep, funny.
Thank you, Kay Jeweler's and Lowe's commercials, for giving me such good material.

2 comments:

Theodore Hadley said...

I love this idea. Will use it at school on otherwise appropriate responses to inappropriate or stupid student questions/comments. You need to write that book on teaching that i have talked to you about. lyd

Katie said...

What book on teaching? Have we talked about this? Hmm.