Friday, January 15, 2010

update on my grandma

I'm pretty much copying my sister's blog. I'm sure she won't mind...right?

So, there was a development before the surgery happened this morning. The pathology report came back inconclusive, so the doctor decided instead of the six-hour long surgery today he would just do a surgical biopsy and put in a tracheostomy (breathing tube in her neck) as the mass was growing so fast that she wouldn't have been able to breathe by tomorrow. During surgery they sent a sample to pathology and it came back as lymphoma, not the squamous cell originally thought. Both are bad cancers, but evidently because it's lymphoma they will NOT have to remove her voicebox, and this cancer is much more responsive to chemo and radiation! This really is next to the best case scenario, so we are relieved. Thank you so much for your prayers!!! They were obviously needed!

2 comments:

Steph said...

blog copier! :) since I read her blog first do you want me to copy my comment?

Katie said...

No--I read it on hers. (o: