Friday, August 27, 2010

redwooding

My friend, Karen, and I recently took a trip to northern California, southern Oregon, and a little of central Oregon. It has been my goal to see more of the state that I live in, so we took off for five days. Here are some of the pictures of the BEAUTIFUL state of Oregon and the northern California redwoods.

One picture of the southern Oregon coast. We stopped here for lunch, but didn't stop anywhere else--that will have to be a separate trip. Gotta say the southern coast beats central/northern coast!

We stayed at a KOA kampground (yes, campground with a K) right in the middle of the redwoods, near Crescent City.

To save money, we packed a cooler full of food so our only expenses were travel and lodging. Heck yes, I brought my toaster oven.

Redwoods 1, Humans 0

"Do you know the tide schedule?" the Idaho girl was asked. "No, sorry," she answered in a I-usually-know-but-just-not-today kind of way.

After the redwoods, we headed to Ashland which hosts the yearly Shakespeare Festival. We saw Twelfth Night, which was excellent. We bought standing-room tickets (a lot cheaper than sitting...and they were sold out of those anyway). We stayed at a cute old hotel and then left for Klamath Falls the next morning. We picked up my aunt Robin and headed to Crater Lake. Beautiful!

Karen and I had a lot of fun with both Robin and Brent. Robin cooked us dinner Friday night and Brent cooked breakfast Saturday morning. After days of eating out of the cooler, it was wonderful!

We ended up heading home on Highway 58 (beautiful drive) and stopped at Salt Creek Falls.

We ended up putting a little over 1,000 miles on my car. Despite encountering many protest signs like the one below (people seem to be pretty passionate about this issue), we're ready for our next travel adventure!

6 comments:

emily said...

that's my favorite joke of yours

Theodore Hadley said...

I love you -- this blog is A+++

Katie said...

Thanks! (o:

Kara said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

Steph said...

Looks beautiful and fun!

Theodore Hadley said...

worth waiting for!