Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is it offensive if a 2-month old does it?

Aunt Katie loves her nephew. Loves him so much that she sometimes can't contain herself. And when he falls asleep before he is supposed to be done eating, Aunt Katie must help wake him. So, she gives him too much love by kissing him repeatedly until he gets so annoyed that he wakes up. BUT, before she could do just that this particular time, he showed her his opinion on the subject:


I really do apologize if this offends anyone. It was too funny not to capture in a photograph, especially since I was about to annoy him. BUT, here is the real Drew:






I've decided that if I continue to be the kind of aunt that her nieces and nephews will show such strong reactions to, I might as well go all out. You know, pinching their cheeks and giving them big wet kisses, leaving bright red lipstick smears behind that won't come off no matter how hard they rub at it. And I will always promise to have and offer the candy that is at the bottom of my purse, especially if it is fuzzy and tastes like pennies. "Not the fuzzy penny candy! NOOOOOO!!" They will run in terror. They will shudder at my approach. They will hide behind their mother. Oh yes, they will hide. 

That's what too much love can do...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was telling Richard about this photo just yesterday. It's my fav. He'll love it when he's 14...LOVE IT...as opposed to those bathtub photos of babyhood that teens HATE. You're a great aunt! Yeah, and I can picture you in all the bright red lipstick you always wear, smearing it all over the little ones. I can.

Unknown said...

Baby carrot, girl. You've passed on the baby carrot. YES!

Robin said...

Love the candid shot, Katie! Maybe those little smiles sometimes aren't just gas, either. Actually, for those of you who haven't known Katie her whole life as I have, it's possible that innocent Drew's aunt had been showing him some tricks. Hmmmm.

Sincerely,
HER Aunt Robin

P.S. You know this couldn't possibly be true. Just like to give Katie a bad time! Love you, Katie.

Katie said...

That's right, Robin. I would NEVER even think about influencing my nephew in that way. NEVER. [cough, sputter]

Pi said...

Hello Katie!! Your nephew is sooooo beautiful!!!
Sorry about not writing... Just too much work! but I'm going to spend all september in Costa Rica because of my job!! I'll send you millions of photos!!! I'm still with my compact canon (powershot SD 950 IS), but I'll have my D80 or D200 soon!!!
Kisses!!!

Katie said...

Hey, Pilar! Yes, you'll have to send photos. The ones I've seen have been great! I love my D80, so I would go with that. I suggest you not consider the D200, since the D300 is getting great reviews and is full-frame. I'm not ready for that kind of camera, so it will be a while until I get one. Keep me posted!