Saturday, August 23, 2008

my favorite olympic sport

Jeanette and I were watching the Olympics this last week and we were surprised and thrilled to see a sport we never knew existed and that is now our favorite: TRAMPOLINE. Yes, trampoline. The Olympic sport of trampoline is where they start jumping (obviously) and when they think they are high enough, they start doing flips and twists, all in a row. And they get more points if they keep the same height. It's pretty much like gymnastics but with jumping. It was too cool. 

I am going to miss the Olympics. I watch sports that I would never watch any other time, but am glued to my TV to watch competition at this level. It will soon be over, but I will console myself by watching football. Go Beavs! Go Vikings!

6 comments:

melmac said...

well I hate football so I have nothing to console me until March Madness....and the rest of the golf season. I'll miss the Olympics as well and I agree the trampoline is fascinating. I like it best when they fall....is that wrong?

beula the music geek said...

So... we had a competition tramp when I was a kid. We could jump so high that our feet were above the roof line of our house. Yup. Exposed springs and all. Over gravel. And by a cement patio. Ah, childhood... loved it.

Katie said...

Why is it that even though we lived more "dangerously" as kids (like no seat belts and bike helmets), we were safer? Darn the antibacterial-soap-minded people of today!

emily said...

i'm going to try my darndest to let Drew eat that sucker that fell in the dirt so that he's not allergic to everything under the sun like so many kids are these days. I may have to turn my head or walk away when he does it, but I'm going to try in spite of my repugnance to germs.

beula the music geek said...

Excellent, Emily! All we need is to eat a little dirt now and then, or so I hear - and have experienced...

Steph said...

I too loved the Olympics. Sometimes I get really nervous thinking they are going to fall or get hurt and so I put my hand over my eyes but have to peek through to see. And then the next day at work think "no olympics so you can sleep!"