Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well, I HAVE always wanted to own my own drill...

Writing instruction manuals is just like planning for teaching: it's always dangerous NOT to assume that the students you are teaching or the person following the directions are clueless. Writing or teaching every little step does matter. All this to say that I was maybe a little over my head installing my own car stereo speakers with the not-so-overly-detailed directions.

I bought a couple of car speakers online from Crutchfield, who is known to offer equipment with free installation guides and equipment for your specific make and model. So, thought I would give it a try. It was a little rocky and things took much longer than they should have and probably was not quite installed in the most professional way. But in the end, I triumphed! Success is mine! I now am owner to some new cool tools (yes, wire stripper and drill included!)! I have learned lots of lessons! That learning cost me my time, but can there really be a price put on learning?

Finally got the door off. I will tuck this information
away for future reference.Never know when you need a
great hiding place for loads of cash.



I have some mad crimp cap skills now.
 

Had to jerry-rig my door open. I couldn't disconnect the plugs to the automatic windows and now glad I didn't try--if those had broken, $$$$.

Final product! Go me.

Now, just have to do the other side. I do not anticipate any problems, since I encountered all of them on the first side.
One never knows, though...

3 comments:

Steph said...

Impressive! I have been receiving tools as gifts for quite awhile thanks to Dad at Christmas or birthday.

emily said...

very nice! I'm impressed!

Katie said...

Thanks! Got the other one in yesterday. Just took 45 minutes.