Day 1 of juicing will start tomorrow. I will start with a celery/cucumber/apple/orange combo. With a squirt of lemon juice so it won't turn brown. 16 oz for breakfast, 16 oz for lunch. I will prepare both tomorrow morning.
I went off from the shopping list a little since there were some things on sale (plus I'll have some of this for my "real" dinner options). I also wanted to keep track of how much I'm spending on this. When organic was not that much more expensive than regular, I bought organic. Otherwise, no (mostly).
Shopped at Fred Meyer:
1 bunch organic celery (smells and tastes SO much better than the other): $2.83
1 bunch organic carrots (ditto!): $2.00
A few small heads of organic broccoli: $1.66
4 english cucumbers (non-organic--others were way too expensive): $5.00
1 bunch of organic parsley: $.99
1 bunch organic dinosaur kale: $2.00
8 large organic Fuji apples (on sale, but ouch): $6.14
1 package organic spinach: $2.50
10 small Granny Smith apples (non-organic): $3.38
1 large bag of oranges (non-organic): $4.98
1 grapefruit (non-organic): $.34
2 large organic avocados: $3.58
TOTAL for produce: $35.40
I'm not quite sure how long all this will last, but I'll keep you updated. My goal is to waste NONE of this! I'm tired of throwing away bad produce because I didn't eat it in time.
And then I also bought some brie and wine because, hey, you can't change overnight. Again, wish me luck! (o:
No comments:
Post a Comment